Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fair Isle Class


Yesterday was my first Fair Isle class. There were six of us. I started with this:
The picture below shows you where I am now. Not far. It's going to be a slow project.
There are going to be quite a few skills this project is going to teach me. I'll definitely get more comfortable using my left hand in knitting. It also has a 3 needle bind off. A single and double braid. I cord. Plus the Fair Isle itself. None of which I've done before! Lots to learn!

4 comments:

Bea said...

Its lovely though.

Debbie said...

Wonderful color choices. Its very hard to believe this is your first time knitting fair isle!

maryeb said...

I've been wanting to try a Fair Isle project but have been intimidated by the complexity.
I've read a bit about it in IK magazine; a class sounds like a good idea.
Looks like you are off to a great start.

Leslie said...

I saw this first as a finished item in your flicker and tracked it back to the blog post. I LOVE those colors! I used to have a tunic in that palette, but it got so much use I unfortunately had to retire it. You must be so pleased.