Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cables, Fingerless Mitts, and How Do You Photograph Black?

I've cast on for my first project using cables and my first pair of fingerless mitts. Even though I live in Florida, my car steering wheel gets really cold in the winter. I live so close to work that by the time the heater gets warmed up, I'm at work. And then my hands stay cold most of the day.
Does anyone in blog land have any tips on how to photograph black where the details show up? And the color is true? I tried several settings on my camera and the pics that show the detail well photographed the color as a gray - a very unattractive gray. This picture shows the color better but the detail is lost.I cast these on, worked on them for a bit and then turned my attention to G's socks, the holidays, and my quilting class. They would otherwise be a quick knit.

6 comments:

Beth said...

Love the cables! Almost makes me want to try knitting again...

Simone de Klerk said...

If you look closely, you can see the cables. Maybe you should put some more light behind, so you might be able to see the cables better.
I used to knit many many years, lots of sweaters, but don't do any of it anymore. Maybe I should start again one day ...

Debbie said...

I think the detail shows up fine. Nice knitting:)

Daisymum said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Wow you won 2 contests already. I noticed you live in Florida, me too. I'm in Winter Garden. I would have loved to use your mittens last night It was cold. Thank you for the ideas on my blog.

Candy Schultz said...

On my computer that looks very clear. I have no trouble seeing the cables.

Anonymous said...

I agree--I think you did a nice job with this picture. The cables looked good and clear to me. (I popped over from Ravelry when I saw your post about photography black in the Photog group; at first I thought this must be the "gray" pic since the cables were so clear, and I was wishing my black yarn looked that good when I photographed it and it turned gray!) Nice job on the mitts, too!