Monday, January 5, 2009

Books, Bird, and Plucky!

I'm back to work today after being off since Christmas Eve. Needless to say, I didn't win the lottery! I keep getting told "You Are NOT a Winner".

Some good things are still going on. Today's mail brought me this:
PLUCKY!!!!
Colorway: Nicholas & Alexandra
Here's a picture of the bird C roasted yesterday. He wanted to use his new roaster he got for Christmas. He also made mashed potatoes with garlic he roasted himself and slices of fried tomatoes and eggplant with basil and mozzarella tucked into it. Absolutely delicious!
I also got these in the mail today. Another "free" purchase by using my reward points from work.
Top to Bottom: The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook, First Book of Modern Lace, Second Book of Modern Lace, Victorian Lace Today, A Gathering of Lace, and a Yarn Lovers Guide to Hand Dyeing.
So while I'm back at work, creative ideas are still floating around and I'm working on a couple of new projects. No pics as yet as there really isn't enough to photograph but there will be soon.
One thing I'm going to miss with being back to work is not being able to post as frequently as I was able to being off. I was able to post more than normal and I found that I really enjoyed it! It kind of surprised me!

4 comments:

Feisty Irish Wench said...

And that is why you find posts from me so often, it's rather enjoyable.
I also find other blogging parents of teenagers who somehow manage to not kill the kids. Today I wonder if I might become the exception though... *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Great books! I have 3 of them. Haven't made anything yet, they are on the list though.

famous steve said...

Sounds like we had the exact same length break. Not enjoying being back to work. Gonna have to check out the Plucky yarn..... nice. And check you out, dyeing yarn like a crazy woman! Absolutely beautiful stuff! Looks like I need to take a dyeing class,

Debbie said...

Is that a grapefuit in the bird? Looks yummy. Great book choices too!