Sunday, January 4, 2009

Class on How to Dye Yarn - Part 3

As I've previously posted, in November I took a yarn dyeing class at SugarBee Studios (here is where you can find part 1 and part 2 of the series). I promised in Part 2 that I'd post pictures of the reskeined yarns so you can see how different they look. The picture above shows the 4 skeins I dyed (the other 2 were overdye's of yarns SugarBee had). The picture below shows the 4 of them reskeined. They look much nicer.

My son's girlfriend really likes the one second from the left. Her favorite color is orange. I must admist that it's not my favorite and I'm not necessarily fond of the one I call "Easter Egg". Bet you can guess which one that is! I'm going to continue to explore dyeing my own yarn. I love the process and I love that I have a medium I can enjoy and still get a useful product out of it. G gave me a bunch of acid dyes and bare yarn for a Christmas gift and I have a crockpot I never use so I'm set to go! Now I just need to remember what to do !!!

10 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

All of them look quite lovely to me!

Bea said...

Fun!

Feisty Irish Wench said...

cool stuff Jackie!

Beth said...

They're all lovely, but the purple is FABULOUS!

Debbie said...

I love the blue skein.

Anonymous said...

Your yarns look fabulous! Do you have a specific plan for each one?

Irene said...

They are all gorgeous! I'm just catching up on my blog reading so wanted to comment on some of your other posts rather than leaving a comment on each one. I think your free motion is great - the hardest part is getting the spacing right and it looks like you've got that down pat. Love all the books you got and am anxious to see what else you ordered!

Poor Cody - hope he has recovered from those fireworks. Our old black lab was a big chicken too - little dogs are much braver - they don't realize they are small!

Happy New Year.

Miss Jean said...

Jackie: Thanks for stopping by my blog today. You made my day with the comment on "after all, she's a terrier!" Ya gotta love 'em.

Brenda said...

Jackie...I want all four skeins!!!! Gimme, gimme!!! Wow...they are gorgeous. You did a great job. My I suggest sock pattern Spring Forward for your Easter Egg yarn...sounds like a perfect match to me!

Simone de Klerk said...

Very impressive, Jackie! I look forward to see what you are going to make with the yarn!