Sunday, June 21, 2009

It's Over!

My vacation is officially over. I use the word MY because G doesn't go back to work until July 1st when he moves to a 12 month position with the school system. It's Sunday evening and I'm already mentally planning my day at work tomorrow.

We had a great time. I didn't do any sewing at all and very little knitting. I did start a knitting project but I can't show it here at this time as it's a gift for someone who might read this blog. If you're a Ravelry member, you can see it here. I read 5 books while we were gone and we watched quite a few movies. Some good sleeping too with the windows open and the cool breezes coming in. We did a bit of hiking. Not as much as we wanted to because I got a blister. I had gotten new hiking shoes and broke them in but the flat landscape of Florida isn't anything like what we were on. I really think I'm going to end up wearing a different sized shoe on each foot in order to fix the issues I'm having.

I didn't take many pictures which is unlike me. This is a bit of the Appalachian Trail. We didn't get to hike much of it (it's quite a job for me just getting there) but this is a lovely spot to take a rest on those logs. There was also the remnants of a fire there so while it's not a shelter, seems like some hikers have spent the night there.
This was taken on Slaughter Gap Trail which meets up with the Appalachian Trail.
I'm not sure but I think this is at Anna Ruby Falls.
The Wednesday before we left, I finished my No Purl Monkeys!
I don't currently have any socks on the needles. I'll have to fix that soon! In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my last few hours in a Zen state of mind.......

13 comments:

Debbie said...

Welcome home. Sounds like you had a very relaxing time in a very pretty place. Love your socks.

Teresa said...

Welcome home and it does sound like a great vacation. Very relaxing, except for the blister. I love getting away and relaxing. Good luck to your hubby on his new job!

Anonymous said...

The photos you did take are lovely, so are both your knitting projects. Sorry that a blister kept you from hiking on your vacation. Hope it heals fast! Sounds like you had a relaxing time in nature.

QuiltSue said...

Looks like a great holiday - apart from the blisters.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like, aside from the blister, that you had a very relaxing time! The pictures are lovely, such a beautiful area.

Julia said...

Beautiful vacationing. Ouch to blisters.

Marla said...

Oh do I like these socks! I'm not ususally an admirer of knitting and crocheting (sorry :( ) but the pattern on these is just lovely. They renew my remorse that I just can't get the knack of even stitches when working with yarn! So cute, I'd hate to put on shoes!

Micki said...

It sounds like you had a lovely vacation! A long time ago, I hiked on the Appalachian Trail. Lovely pics!
Micki

Desi said...

Congrats on finishing the socks; they look great. The melody yarn is delicious and looks soft. I have been wanting to visit the App. Trail ever since I read A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson. Your pictures are lovely.
Thanks for visiting my blog!

Candace said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, Jackie, and a beautiful place! I have friends who have hiked to total length of the A. T. - it was quite a feat! I'm glad you were able to see part of it!
Cheers!

FabiQuilts said...

Hola mi nombre es Fabiana soy de Costa Rica me gusta muchísimo el Quilting.. Me ha gustado tu blog, tienes trabajos muy bellos.
Espero seguir en contacto mi email es fabimena@gamil.com
Saludos
Fabi

Hello my name is Fabiana'm from Costa Rica I like very much .. Quilting I liked your blog, you have very beautiful work.
I hope to keep in touch my email is fabimena@gamil.com
Greetings
Fabi

Karen said...

The pictures are so serene;) Your socks are hot Hot HOT! Love them;)

Susan Tidwell said...

Glad you had a peaceful vacation in the mountains, aren't they beautiful! And hiking on the AT, good for you. Great pictures!