Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I'm Loving This!

I'm totally loving cross stitching! Here is where I'm on on my Petites Lettres Rouges. I'm already looking ahead to a potential next project. I hope to learn more, including other stitches. I'm fascinated by some of the samplers I've been seeing!

After taking this picture I realized my count was off in the triangle shaped band. You can probably see it. It was an easy fix and I'm on my way!
My bag is now ready for quilting! It should be easy peasy....a front and a back plus a piece that is both sides and the bottom. I'd like to have this finished in the next couple of weekends. It will depend on how busy things are at work and on the weekend. I have some things scheduled already. I'm planning on giving this one to Mom and making another one for myself.
Happy Stitches!

12 comments:

Jeannine said...

Bag looks fantastic!

And the stitching - you started that when? I think I've got some serious competition in the insane multitasking department!

blushing rose said...

Love the quilting fabrics. Very pretty. Have a great eve! TTFN ~Marydon

TeresaB said...

Somehow it's not right that the "student" is moving faster then the "teacher". But I'm ok with that! It looks great and I'm so proud you saw where you were off on your own.

Susan said...

Both of these projects are looking great! I did counted cross stitch years ago, but haven't thought about it in ages. A sampler like yours might be fun to do. Hmmm...I have how many quilting projects started, plus a redwork and knitting project...think I can find time for a cross stitch project too?

Siobhán said...

Great progress on the sampler! I really need to stitch that one, too. I love all the variations I've seen of it.

Your quilting is SUPERB! I love the fabrics you used on the bag to be. Looks great.

Julia said...

Wow! You are a perfectionist. I don't see a mistake anywhere. I'm glad you were able to fix it easily though. Your stitching is so neat and perfect. I love the colors in your quilted bag. What a lucky mom you have.

Candace said...

You're quickly becoming a "Jackie of all trades"! Cross stitch is so addicting - can't wait to see both finished projects!
Cheers!

Jean in Georgia said...

Looks fabulous!!!

woolwoman said...

Jackie I'm so glad you like stitching - I think it definitely has a place in my needlework endeavors. I love the BBD piece - can't wait to see it in person. I have it stashed but have not started it - thankfully - don't need another WIP right now. Your quilited bag looks awesome - love the materials you are using. YGG Mel

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Micki said...

I love the fabric that you chose for the quilt. You are eclectic like myself.
Micki

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely stitching and great blocks for the bag! Look forward to see the finish. Your mom will love it!!!