Sunday, December 13, 2009

Wonderful Day with Friends

My friend, Melody, invited me to her Rug Guild Holiday Luncheon a few weeks ago and today was the day. The luncheon was held at The Row Restaurant, which is located inside The Riverdale Inn. Is it just gorgeous?
The setting was wonderful, the food absolutely delicious but best of all the company and conversation was fantastic! Here is a peek inside the parlor. It's the only interior picture I took. Such a lovely room. I'd love to be here on a cold day with the fire going with some knitting, stitching and a good book.
After lunch, Melody invited everyone over to the historic home where she works. This picture is a bit fuzzy but the tree was lovely and look at the ceiling!
While Kris, Henri, Nancy and I knit everyone else worked on their wool rugs. This is what Jane was working on. The picture does not do it justice and it's going to look fantastic when she is done. Today I felt the pull to rug hook....must resist! At least for a while!
Melody gave Kris and I these beautiful stitch markers. Perfect for a knitter! I think I'm going to cast on for a pair of socks soon so I can use these!
Melody, thank you for such a wonderful day! Everything was just perfect and loads of fun!

20 comments:

Pat said...

What a wonderful place for a holiday luncheon! Your stitch markers are really special, too.

Beth said...

I hope nobody every walks on that rug!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a lovely day you must have had! So inspiring, to be surrounded by so many talented women. I don't quite understand the 'stitch makers' part you received.
Sorry, if I don't answer your mail, but I am getting your mails back again. Tried several ways but nope. They won't stick )O:
Have a lovely week!!!

Annie said...

Now that looks like a great day. And I didn't realize stitch markers could be so beautiful! One more thing to spend my money on.

Bonnie said...

I just love buildings like that, and that one is heavenly! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Carol said...

Isn't it fun to spend a day with women who share your creative passions, Jackie! That old inn is incredible--I could spend hours wandering from room to room admiring all the details...

woolwoman said...

Oh Jackie - your post and recounting of our lovely luncheon and afternoon together with friends was just awesome! I am going to piggyback onto this post in my upcoming post because I was such a slacker and did not take a single photo of the event. thanks for your kind comments and your friendship - we'll "hook ya" one of these days - Merry Christmas! Mel

Tammy said...

what a beautiful place to spend the day. sounds like you had a fabulous time

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a wonderful day. I can see the rug is going to be gorgeous. I have never seen a quilted needlework protector before. Much better than the tissue type paper I use. I want to hook a rug too.

Thanks for all the historic house photos. I love them. Such elegant stitch markers too.

Hazel said...

Looks like it was a fantastic day!!! Thanks for visiting my blog. xx

Margaret said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Isn't it awful the temptation to pick up rug hooking? I have the same problem! lol!

Julia said...

It sounds as if you had a wonderful time with your friends. That is a lovely place!!!

Daffycat said...

That is one gorgeous restaurant. What a treat to eat there!

imquilternity said...

The Riverdale Inn is gorgeous...I would love to see all the rooms inside it. I love that tree too! I always want a tall tree, but then I think how using a ladder to decorate it would not be fun so we end up with a shorter one. LOL Thanks for sharing!

Mylene said...

The place looks wonderful and sounds like you all had a great time.

DAWNIE said...

What a fabulous place to share with your friend.. Bet I know where you are going to put in your diary for next year - some love pressies.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place- balconies and porches! Fabulous crewel work? from your friend.

I like making socks too.

Deb said...

I just found your blog (thanks to Mel who is also trying to make me into a hooker) and I love it. You have so many of the same interests I do. It looks like you had a wonderful day and the venue wonderful.

Siobhán said...

I dream of being a hooker one day, too. Loved the pictures--it looks like you had a fabulous day!

Michelle said...

Oh what a fun day you had! I really want to learn how to hook too!