Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dreary Weekend

It's been a dreary gray weekend and I've had a cold. I missed 3 events I had scheduled - all of which I was looking forward to attending. No Christmas shopping which may be a bit of a stressor later. I've made peace about not sending Christmas cards this year. That was easy.

Some people can sit and knit, stitch or sew when they're ill - I'm just not one of those people. So most of the weekend has been spent sleeping and in my pjs. I managed to get my 4 Cotton Club blocks done late this afternoon by working a few minutes at a time.
DSC_0139
Another horrible picture but it was dark. I'm loving these blocks as they come together but they do take a bit of time. I'm getting a bit better at piecing and making things work. And while my blocks will most likely never come out perfectly square - I'm getting a bit better at that too.

This week will be spent scrambling to get the shopping done I need to get done to put packages in the mail. I also need to come up with a label for something I started in September. Nothing like last minute! You know, I always say that I'm going to have a less hectic holiday season. It never happens. What has changed though is that each year I'm a bit less freaked out about what has to be accomplished. It always manages to get done! In the meantime, I'm going to pick up a book and the box of Kleenex and spend some time in front of the tv.

23 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

The quilt blocks are lovely. I hope you're feeling better real soon.

Nicola said...

Get well soon. Your blocks are beautiful. I am forward to watching this project progress.

Patty C. said...

I hop you feel better soon.
The quilt blocks are gorgeous-love the color.

Theresa said...

Love your quilt blocks!! They are gorgeous!!!!
Take care and rest well. Hope you will be back on your feet in no time!!

Margaret said...

I sure hope that cold goes away. Such a bummer that you had to miss your events. :( Your squares look great though. Feel better. Good luck with the xmas shopping!

Mary said...

I hope you're feeling better. Sounds like we had the same weekend.

Annie said...

Love those quilt blocks. They sure look perfect to me.

Sorry you have to be sick at this time of year. Hope that cold doesn't linger and you're feeling like your old self shortly. Sending a big virtual dose of vitamin C and hugs.

Carol said...

Oh, I do hope you feel better soon, Jackie--not a good time of year to be dealing with a cold.

You managed to make such beautiful blocks, in spite of being sick, though--love each one!!

I hope you can rest and get better very soon--I think the no Christmas card idea is a great one :) Take care now...

dixiesamplar said...

Beautiful colors in those squares...and sorry to hear you are not feeling well; hope you are on the mend soon!

~Niki~ said...

I hear ya. Most of us in the family were sick last week too. Not much got done. I feel like I'm playing catchup.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Oh very Beautiful my friend !
have a good time

Carla said...

good for you Jackie. Take some down time. Your blocks look great. I have been itching for days to get back at mine but no time yet. If you don't get back to me I will know it's because you are relaxing---and that's a good thing : )

FlourishingPalms said...

It's okay NOT to send Christmas cards. I gave up three years ago and haven't regretted it. Those people who do send cards send a form letter, and I can't abide those (where's the PERSONality in them?). Besides, the people I care about most are those I DO stay in touch with. I bet it's the same for you. So try to enjoy yourself, though I sure understand how it is when you aren't feeling well. Pamper yourself when you can, and panic later - ha, ha. Enjoy the season, dear.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! There have been some nasty virus about...seems we are going from one to the other at the moment. I'm hoping we'll be better for Christmas!

Candace said...

Hope you feel better, Jackie! Fantastic blocks! They're perfect in every way!
Cheers!

Catherine said...

So sorry to hear you've been feeling so yucky. I hope you are feeling better! Your blocks look lovely!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Oh, I can SEW when I'm sick--its the ripping out all the mistakes when I'm well that makes me think twice--or more--depending on the cold tablets!

Melanie said...

I hope you feel better soon!!! *hugs*

P.J. said...

Jackie thanks for your post and encouragement on my blog. Like your piece work is lovely. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tammy said...

your blocks are beautiful. Sorry you're sick, such a bummer at such a busy time of year. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't do a stitch of quilting when I'm sick, drowsy, or otherwise not 100% mentally present! I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm a beginner or if it's just owing to the fact that I have a one-track mind: if I'm ill, then I'm ill! Anything else I try to do will ALSO be ill! :-D

Your blocks are lovely, but I can definitely tell they'd come together slowly for all of the intricate piecing... can't wait to see what you'll do with them!

antique quilter said...

love your blocks! oh I think your doing a great job,
are we just the worst critics of our own work?
seems there is never enough time at Christmas
just enjoy it , what gets done gets done and hope your feeling better!
Kathie

Dani - tkdchick said...

Get well, this is the worst time of year to get sick! Your blocks turned out quite well.