Monday, March 17, 2014

Fear Be Gone!

The funk is in full force but I do have two things to show you.  More zippered pouches!  These were made using this tutorial from Flossie TeaCakes.  I followed it exactly as described except I used fusible fleece and quilted the panels with straight lines.  I was a bit disappointed with my output because I wanted really square corners by the zippers.  I should have shortened my stitch length and probably trimmed my corners a bit closer.  My corners will be more square next time!

DSC_0177
I was happy, however, with the zipper installations.  No issues there!  Who would have thought?!  I'm excited about that part to be sure!  These will probably find their way to my nieces (the youngest is really into guitars) at some point.
DSC_0179
I'm so glad to be over my fear of zippers - YES, I can say that!   I am going to continue exploring different zippered pouches, working to improve my sewing skills.  I love learning new things and thankfully blogs make it really easy to learn.   I've always said that I'm inspired by all of you and I truly mean that.  I also learn from each of you who share your journey on your blogs.  Thank you for that!  I really does encourage me to dip my toe in and maybe {hopefully} one day master that skill.  

28 comments:

imquilternity said...

They are lovely! And, addicting, aren't they? Hope you're feeling a little better.

Annette-California said...

Yea your stitching more zippers:)))
Your new zipper pouches are lovely. Yes I can see how they are addicting. In the last 4 days I've made 7 zipper pouches - LOL. Love the quilted look. Sure adds texture and looks great. Your nieces are going to be surprised. Great job!!!
love Annette

Chris said...

They look great Jackie!!!

krayolakris said...

Really cute Jackie!

Annie said...

Yea! It's great to discover a new skill like this. Those are really cute pouches. There's no limit to what you can make now.

Brenda said...

Great job! They would make a great notions pouch for a knitting bag too.

Margaret said...

Fantastic! You are really doing great with learning how to make bags and things.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Great job!

Angela said...

Congrats on conquering a fear! I think they look lovely :)

Vickie said...

Great job Jackie. You inspire me to try it.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute. Thanks for the tutorial link.

Marie said...

Oh Jackie I am so tickled about the zippers, I still haven't tackled them, BUT that is on my list. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Marie

Marie said...

Oh Jackie I am so tickled about the zippers, I still haven't tackled them, BUT that is on my list. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Marie

Tammy said...

Great job Jackie!! The bags are so cute and I'm so happy that you showed yourself that you can do it!! Hugs!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

They are fabulous!

Shelleen said...

You did a great job. I am no good at sewing.

Carol said...

So glad you've conquered the zipper, Jackie--they both look fabulous. And thanks for the link to the tutorial--I hope to get up my nerve to try them some day, too :)

woolwoman said...

zippers look scary to me ! your pouches are cool - YGG !!! Mel

Andrea said...

Beautiful pouches. We all can learn from each other. I find so many times that I see a new finishing technique or a better way to do something. You never stop learning!

Karoline said...

They are lovely, thanks for the link to the tutorial

Anonymous said...

So cute! Your quilt lines are beautiful! Congrats on conquering the dreaded ZIPPER!

Melanie said...

These are great! The zippers look all professional and stuffs. Go you!!!!

FlourishingPalms said...

Very nicely done, Jackie. You've got a Bernina, so you SHOULD be trying all these new things! Glad that zippers are no longer a problem. The bags are cute and your nieces will think you're an awesome aunt, for giving these to them.

Brigitte said...

Oh, so great, your new little pouches. I have been collecting all the trutorials that you shared lately - thank you so much for this - and as soon as I will have time I'll try each and every one of them. And I'm sure then I'll lose my fear of sewing in zippers as well, lol.

Micki said...

You did a great job on the pouches. Thanks for visiting so I could see your lovely smile yet again.
Micki

Barb said...

I love your zipper bags, great job!

Heidi Kuijer said...

These are great Jackie! I love them with the rounded corners. :-) It is always fun to learn things. I love the other little bags you showed a little farther down. Soooooo cute!

Your patchwork is coming along. Red and white always give that nostalgic feeling.

I did not know you are on Ravelry. I need to look you up. Your chevron monster cowl is fabulous! Love chevron...so much that my wood floor is now that pattern.

Hugs from Holland,
Heidi

Linda said...

They are so nice!